About us
Elevated Dining with Breathtaking Views in Every Direction.
In August 1890, an exceptiRestaurant Haikaranpesä is a traditional restaurant with a view in Espoo's Haukilahti. Restaurant Haikaranpesä is a family business already in the third generation. Restaurant Haikaranpesä has been dancing and enjoying the delicacies of a wonderful Scandinavian buffet since the turn of the 1960s and 70s. Restaurant Haikaranpesä's location in the Haukilahti water tower makes it the highest restaurant in Southern Finland with memorable scenery in the directions of the sea, Helsinki and Espoo. In addition to the popular buffet lunch, Restaurant Haikaranpesä is known for monthly themed evenings such as Jazz & Dinner and Disco evenings.onally strong hurricane, ”, raged on the coast of the Gulf of FinlandAugustistormen”. The wind speed rose up to 50 meters per second, and the storm felled trees in large areas from Loviisa to Hanko. The timber sawn from these trees that fell in the storm forms the basis of many of Iso Vasikkasaari's original buildings. Before this, Iso Vasikkasaari belonged to the estate of Gräsa, and it is known that there was a fishing settlement on the island as early as the 18th century. The life of the island was built for a long time on the terms of the sea and the seasons, as part of the practical everyday life of the Espoo archipelago. In 1877, the island was bought from the Gräsa manor by bank owner Abel Landén, an influencer who received the title of municipal councilor from the Russian Tsar. During Landén's time, the island began to take shape as a villa island. Röda Villan and Leipurinmökki with their courtyards were built in the eastern part of the island. A carefully constructed garden path led from the terrace of the villa, lined with white sand and seashells, towards the steamship pavilion – connection, which tied the island to a part of the busy maritime traffic. Later, Landén divided the island into villa plots among his children. The southern part of the island was inherited by his son Alfons, for whom the lace villa Castbourne was built near the current Gula Villan beach. A fire destroyed the original building, after which the new Castbourne was built further up the hillside In the early 1920s, a significant part of the island, including the villa west of Alfons, came under the ownership of the Nygren family. During the Nygrens, the villa was renovated, a terrace was built on the sea side and the name of the building became established Gula Villan. Life on the island was carefully organized and largely self-sufficient. A boatman, a gardener, a villa guard and several maids worked on the island, and everyday activities were located in different buildings with courtyards.
Self Brand
For All Ages
For All Genders
Promotions
No promotional products available at this time.